Friday, June 13, 2008

It's Cooper

Ok, I don't know how many of you out there listen to Carry Underwood. For those who do, have you heard one of her new ones called "His last name" or "Don't know his last name" or something like that? If you don't know the song, here's a synopsis: A girl meets a guy while she's, oh shall we say...inebriated. Part of the chorus is "...and I don't even know his last name". Then she ends up marrying him in Vegas while, you guessed it, still inebriated. So the chorus to that verse says, "...and I don't even know my last name". Okay, so I'm listening to it in the car, and suddenly have the thought, "Oh, probably not a great message for Abbey". So during this last chorus, she says, "She doesn't know her last name"? I laughed and I go, "I know, isn't that silly"? She goes, "Yeah. I know my last name".

So today I turn on the radio and it's on that song at that same part, and from the back seat I hear, "It's Cooper". HUH??? Is she talking about the song or is she talking about something else? So I said, "What's Cooper"? She says, in a "duh Mom" tone, "Her last name". Ok. The end. Laugh.

So now we get home and it's stuck in my head so I sing it...dang it...and THEN she says, "They should tell her her last name is Cooper".

No comments: