Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Good People

Today I have been thankful for blessings. Especially the blessing of good people in your life, even those you haven't seen/talked to in eons...like 20 years or more. My sister Lisa and I spent hours this morning looking on Facebook for people we know (sorry I just through you under the bus Lisa). It started because...well, I can't even remember what started it...but the next thing I know I'm clicking on photos of people I know and that brought more photos, more clicking...you get the picture. Lisa and I laughed as we went down memory lane a bit. But it also got me thinking later. Each of the people we found, whether we were good friends, someone we just remembered by name, or anywhere in between, I had specific memories of each one. Some I forgot I knew until I heard the name or saw the face. Even then I had a memory attached to them for some reason or another. It made me wonder what my name or face would make others think of. Nevermind, I don't want to know. lol These people were a part of our lives at some point, and the things happening then are a part of what shapes who we are today. That got me thinking about some of the adults we knew. Mostly the parents of these people. For instance, Brother Merrill was the Bishop when I was baptized. I remember going to thier house and having an interview and being really nervous. I don't know why, because in my memory, Bishop Merrill will forever be one of the kindest, nicest men I can think of. After he did my interview, he gave me a coloring book about baptism. I remember it clearly, and I can even picture the book like it was yesterday. That got me thinking about another experience I had as a kid and how that started to shape my testimony. Not all of my memories are serious, so many of them are so fun! So here's a shout-out to all of you who I have a memory of. Heavenly Father has blessed me with wonderful friends throughout my life. Exceptional examples. I watch my kids and I know what we teach them is sinking in somewhere, because I have vivid memories of things I learned from specific primary teachers, YW leaders, Sunday School teachers...even the music leaders in Primary.

So as I have found people I have also thought alot about the blessing friends are. And the blessing the Church is. It is a unifying force to all of us who are a part of it. Anywhere you go it is the same. It is a small world...especially in the Church. I am thankful for friends, past and present. I pray my children will be as blessed in thier lives as I have been in mine with good people. They are off to a great start...

1 comment:

SCRAPPNMOM said...

I too love facebook for that very reason. I spend hours looking for people. I LOVE IT!