Thursday, May 1, 2008

Vans with Magic Doors, driver's licenses & your own car

Oh my gosh, my kids make me laugh every day! This took place while I was driving Abbey to school today. As we're buckling up:
Abbey: I'm gonna have a van just like this, only red. And with the magic doors.
Me: What are magic doors?
Abbey: You know, the ones that open and shut all by themselves. You're silly!
A few minutes later while we're driving:
Abbey: How old do you need to be to get a driver's license?
Me: 16
Abbey: So when I'm 16 I can go to the place where you get the answers right to the questions and they will give me a driver's license?
Me: That's basically how it works, yeah...giggle.
Abbey: Sooo, do they have a car there to give me?
Me: No. They only give you the license.
Abbey: But don't they have a car for me to use for when I take the test?
Me: No honey, you have to bring your own.
Abbey: (under her breath) Oh my gosh....then, sigh
Abbey: (after a few seconds of watching the wheels turning in her head) Well, then we can use your car. You can actually drive me there! huge smile.

Maybe no one reading this is laughing like I did when it happened, but I think it's so dang funny!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I could imagine, as I was reading this, exactly how this exchange went - the sounds of each of your voices, the "oh my gosh" under the breath, even the sigh! So "Abbey"!
By the way, did you realize WE have a red van with magic doors? Maybe that's where Abbey got the idea???
Idaho Chick