Friday, May 2, 2008

My new best friends

I will be on the lookout for foods with high protein for awhile....so let me introduce you to my new best friends! Split Pea Soup & Black Beans. Andersen's Split Pea Soup has been one of my favorite soups for as long as my brain will allow me to remember. It has 9 grams of protein per serving, only 130 calories, and the best part?? NO FAT!! How cool is that??? And Bush's Black Beans...I like the Seasoned Recipe one...has 6 grams of protein per serving, 100 calories, and NO FAT!! You can mix them with rice, split them half and half with taco meat, put them in a quesadilla (sp?)...endless possibilities!! And both of these are super filling!




1 comment:

McB's said...

WOW, look at you!! Pictures and everything, good job :) Where do you find that split pea soup? Looked at Albertstons tonight and they don't have it.