Thursday, May 1, 2008

"WHAT"?...Funny prayers

This is so funny, I had to share. Probably a bit irreverant, but ya get that with kids sometimes. We take turns saying family prayer each night, and Abbey has been using big words and phrases the last few weeks. Well, she did something super funny a few weeks ago, then it stopped for awhile and now she is doing it again. I don't want to stop her or make her feel like it's not ok, it's just that it is so funny to me! And to her brothers and dad. She has been saying this one phrase alot: "...we're thankful for theeee oportuniteeeee to...". (to be said exactly how it's written LOL). Or, with a different fluctuation: "...we're thankful for theeee oportunity tooooo...". So the first time she says it like this, of course my eyes dart over to Isaac and we're both smiling. I notice the boys eyeing us, and Isaac lets out a teeny weeny giggle, which the boys heard but not Abbey. Then I can't help it and I start to giggle quietly, because she keeps saying it over and over just like that with everything we're thankful for. She stops praying and goes, "WHAT"? All out laughter at this point!! So we get back to business, and it starts all over again. I swear, no matter how hard we tried, which was litterally about 6 times, noone could stay serious long enough to get past the first "...theeeee". Isaac finally goes, "Ok, good enough"...and then we're all in hysterics! Maybe it's one of those "you had to be there" moments, but it will forever be burned into my memory as one of the best things I have ever heard. And one of the best memories of family prayer. Silly, but true. Now we are so used to it, it's not so distracting anymore. Good stuff!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a classic example of family prayer - you just never know what to expect from children as they are learning and doing...you are right - good stuff!
Idaho Chick