Sunday, October 12, 2008

Whose been an artist the longest?

In our house, anything can be turned into a contest, er, a fight. How many peices of bacon did you eat? Three? I only had two! Or, I can eat four pancakes and you can only eat three. You get the picture. So today Abbey and Bailey are at the table drawing, and I hear this bit of a conversation:

Abbey: Is my drawing good, Bailey?
Bailey: Yes, but mine is better. (really, he said this very sweetly)
Abbey: That's not very nice Bailey.
Bailey: Well Abbey, I've been an artist longer.
Abbey: No you haven't. I've been drawing for two years.
Bailey: Well, I've been drawing for like, five years.
Abbey: Actually, I've drawing since I was five years old!
Bailey: Abbey, you're only six!
Abbey: So!?
Bailey: Well actually Abbey, I've been drawing since I was two. That's seven years.
Abbey: Well, I've been drawing since I was one years old.
Bailey: That's only five years and I've been drawing seven years.
Abbey: Well, Bailey, I started drawing when I was negative nine years old.
Bailey: Abbey! That would mean mom was pregnant with you and there's no crayons or colored pencils or paper in there.

Ahahahahaahahaha! This is one of the best ones I've heard yet!

2 comments:

McB's said...

OH MY GOSH Boni, that is a crackup!!! Seriously Bailey gets props for that!!! Clever, clever answer, LOL

BonBon said...

What made it so stinkin' hilarious, was that it wasn't even a fight. It was just like a normal every day chat. I could not believe how long it went on...just one comeback after another. Good stuff!