Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Kids ask the darndest questions...

Kids have a way of coming up with all sorts
of things to ask. Sometimes they are very profound
and sometimes they leave you stumped,
asking yourself "Ok, how do I answer this enough to
satisfy her need to know, without giving away too much
information"? The things that make you go "hmm". So I am on
the computer chatting with my sister Lisa this morning,
and Abbey asks one of her questions that she obviously has
thought out and determined what makes sense to her:
"Mommy, when you want to have a baby, do you go up to Heaven and get one and then come back"?
I thought it was so cute and so cut and dry for her, before
I even said anything I quickly told Lisa what she asked. We had a
hearty laugh when she came up with a quick-witted response. By then the moment had passed, and I got to avoid the whole topic.

No comments: