Tuesday, January 22, 2008

5K Training Course

I found this and decided to use it to get myself into better shape. One week in, and loving it!! I kinda cheated...I started with 20 minutes, but I will just do that for the first month. Maybe I'll even do a 5K someday. Yeah, am I kidding myself??
Update March 15...
I found a different training program than what I had originally put up. I am not posting it here, but basically I walk 5 days a week but vary the routine. Three days a week we have a group that does 30-45 minutes at 4 mph. It was hard at first, hurt my shins! But now it's pretty easy. Then 5 days a week I am still going to the gym and doing the treadmill for 30-40 minutes at 4 mph or 40-60 at 3 mph. Trying to build up my length of time, and alternating will also help me get into better shape. I have only lost 6 pounds in the last 8 weeks, but my clothes already fit better. I've lost a few inches, so that is good. I am trying to do my Pilates each night too. I really want a bike! I love biking, so hopefully sometime before summer I will do that...

No comments: