Monday, November 3, 2008

"I miss Jesus"


As you may know from a previous post of mine, I am not a perky, happy person when I first wake up. It takes me a little while to be totally awake and ready for kids, chatting, etc. For this reason, I try to get up before the kids to get my day started. So this morning I am soooo tired, and still not totally ready for kids when they came downstairs. I was looking at a blog and they just had to come over and look over my shoulder. Annoying sometimes. I'm getting ready to click on something and Bailey says, "Can we look at that"? As I'm about to say, "Go get ready for school" (because I am trying to do something by myself) I see that he's pointing at a video clip on the blog with a picture of the Savior on it. So, somewhat reluctantly, I click on it thinking, fine, they can watch it and then they'll go along their way. The music starts, and immediately I recognize the voice of the man singing...Kenneth Cope. His voice gets me every time! Love him! So we watch this video to this song and I'm thinking to myself, how thankful I am for kids who have a desire to learn about the Savior and for kids who enjoy and choose to listen to Gospel centered things. Just yesterday, they requested to watch the movie "The Work and the Glory". Anyway, then Abbey starts asking questions about Jesus, and we had a couple of little chats about some doctrine principles. At the end of the video, Bailey says, "I miss Jesus and Heavenly Father, don't you"? Wow.

No comments: