Friday, April 25, 2008

Not savvy, being old and collecting blogs

K, I have a question. If I "collect" blogs like my dad collects bank accounts, does that make me old?? My answer would be yes. However, I don't intend to collect blogs, like my dad intends to collect bank accounts, as did his dad. My problem is that I am way too slow and not at all computer savvy. I have many friends with an array of blogs to choose from as they introduce me to new sites. Over the last few months, I have tried out...I lost count....let's just say several blogs. Now, with all the different web sites I use, from my bank to my cooking, I have way too many usernames and passwords to remember. So I try to use the same username and password for everything. Not safe? Too bad. I am surprised at how many sites already have "that username in use". So I have to fiddle with it to make it work and still be something I can remember. I resorted to making a list and printing it out. Unfortuanelly, I could not remember all of the sites at that time, so there are more out there everyone in the world but me has access too, becuase I don't remember where they are. See, I'm old. Anyhow, so as a consequence, I have numerous blogs, or personal space pages, (or whatever you want to call them) floating out there in cyberspace. I am too lazy to try to find them all and delete them and in fact kind of enjoy the fact that they are out there serving a purpose. The purpose??? That has been the quandry as of late. I have one on Bebo, only because one of my companions from New Zealand (she is from there) "doesn't do facebook". She got me onto Bebo. I feel a connection to her by having one there. Of course, that brings up Facebook. Got one there as well. So, part of the reason I am drawn to different sites, is becuase once I use one, and find another one I like better I switch. Not to mention, I am soooo not savvy on the computer and one little thing takes me an ETERNITY! Just the stress from that alone makes me age about a year every time. My favorite and the one I will use frequently is this one...Blogspot. I have figured out enough to get around and do something somewhat creative on it. Another good reason to stick to this one? I can stop collecting blogs. I can stop the aging process that comes with collecting in only the way old people do. I know I am getting old, I can embrace that, but seriously, do I need to be OLD, OLD??? Let's save that for my dad. Sorry, no offense, Dad. I wonder if my mom collects anything?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A couple of comments:
1. Dad says his bank account collections keep him WISE (????)

2. I collect BELLS, remember?